Samsung Galaxy smartphones are the most popular Android phones, maybe you encounter the connection issues when try to connect your Galaxy phone to your computer. Don’t rush, here we list three ways helping you solve the connection problem, hope it works for you.
Connect Galaxy phone to computer in USB Mass Storage Mode
The USB Mass Storage Mode is an older versions of Android exposed their storage to a computer. It is the best way to transfer large files between your Android phone and your computer because this is the fastest way to do so. To connect your Samsung Galaxy phone to your computer as mass storage device, you should do as below.
1. From the phone main menu,go to Application > Settings > Wireless and Network > USB utilities > USB Mass storage.
2. Touch Connect Storage to PC.
3. Plug the supplied USB cable into your computer and connect it to your Galaxy phone.
4. Touch Turn on USB storage. If necessary, touch OK on the Turn on USB storage message.
5. The “USB connected” screen with the large green Android icon will appear. Tap on Connect USB storage.
Connect Galaxy phone to PC in MTP
MTP stands for “Media Transfer Protocol”. When Android uses this protocol, it appears to the computer as a “media device”. Files can be transferred to or form a computer utilizing Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).
Enable MPT on your Galaxy phone
1. Connect your Galaxy phone to your PC using the supported USB cable.
2. If necessary, select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag down.
3. Tap Connected as a media device and select Media device (MTP) when a check mark is present.
Connect Galaxy phone to PC/Mac with Samsung Kies or Kies 3
Kies is the iTunes for Samsung Galaxy phone, and it is free for both Windows and Mac users. You can connect your Galaxy phone via USB to your computer if you have installed Kies. Please follow the step-be-step instructions.
1. Download Samsung Kies latest version on your Windows or Mac PC.
2. Plug in your Galaxy phone to computer using the USB cable, the Samsung Kies will open automatically when the computer detects your Galaxy device.
3. If it does not connect automatically, you need to change some settings to enable USB debugging, then reconnect your Galaxy phone using the USB cable.
To transfer files between your Galaxy phone and computer easily and fast, you can use Galaxy Phone Manger. All the Galaxy Android phones are supported, such as Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 4, Note 3, Note 2, etc.